Air travel can be a hassle, but with the convenience of in-flight WiFi, it has become a lot easier to stay connected, entertained and productive while soaring at 35,000 feet. Air Canada, the largest airline in Canada and one of the largest in the world, offers its passengers the opportunity to enjoy fast and reliable in-flight WiFi. In this article, we will delve into all the details about Air Canada’s onboard WiFi service, including its cost, coverage, and everything else you need to know.
What is Air Canada’s WiFi Service?
Air Canada’s in-flight WiFi service is powered by GOGOAIR and provides travelers with a fast and reliable internet connection while in the air. The airline currently operates a fleet of 79 aircraft, with WiFi available on 100% of their Boeing 777-300ER, Boeing 777-200LR, Boeing 787-9, and Boeing 767-300ER aircraft, 88% of their Boeing 787-8 aircraft, and 30% of their Airbus A330-300 aircraft.
What Does it Cost?
The cost of Air Canada’s WiFi service depends on the package you choose. There are three different plans to choose from, each with its own benefits and prices:
- 1-hour pass – $6.5 CAD
- 1-way pass – $21.00 CAD
- Monthly access (for flights between airports in Mexico, Canada, and the US) – $65.95 CAD
How to Connect to Air Canada’s WiFi
Connecting to Air Canada’s WiFi is a simple and straightforward process. First, make sure your device is in airline mode and has WiFi enabled. Then, look for the “ACWIFI” or “RougeWIFI” network and connect to it with a single click. Finally, open your browser and type “airCanadaWIFI.com” or “rougeWIFI.com” (for Air Canada Rouge flights) to purchase a WiFi plan if you haven’t already done so.
How Fast is Air Canada’s WiFi?
Air Canada’s WiFi is fast and reliable, allowing you to stream video, browse the web, and check your email with ease. If you want to get an idea of how fast Air Canada’s WiFi is, you can check out this video
Everything Else You Need to Know
- Air Canada’s WiFi service is not free and must be purchased in advance or during the flight.
- The WiFi provider for all Air Canada aircraft is GOGO, a reputed company in the industry.
- At this time, there are no coupon codes or promo codes available for discounts on Air Canada’s WiFi service.
- You can connect any WiFi-enabled device, such as a laptop, tablet, or mobile phone, to Air Canada’s onboard WiFi.
- If you have any questions or need assistance, you can contact Air Canada’s hotline at 1-888-247-2262 (toll-free in the US and Canada).
Is Air Canada’s WiFi free?
No, Air Canada does not offer free WiFi.
Who is the provider of Air Canada’s WiFi?
GOGO is the provider of Air Canada’s WiFi.
Are there any coupon codes or promo codes available for discounts on Air Canada’s WiFi?
No, there are no coupon codes or promo codes currently available. However, if you purchase a WiFi